It’s impossible to overstate the emotional, social and even professional benefits that smiling with confidence can give you. If you find you cover your mouth when you smile, or even hold back your smile because you don’t want to show your teeth, you should consider what cosmetic dentistry — the art of smile enhancement — can do for you.
There’s so much that can be done these days to improve the appearance of a person’s smile — at any age. From powerful, professional whitening treatments to amazingly realistic porcelain veneers to state-of-the-art dental implants, there’s a wide range of exciting possibilities.
The first step in any smile makeover is a thorough dental examination to make sure that your cosmetic problems really are just that, and not a sign of underlying dental disease. Once your health has been established, your smile can be cosmetically enhanced in a variety of ways.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
A successful smile makeover is a team effort between you and the dentists who treat you. Depending on which procedures you choose, other highly skilled professionals such as dental lab technicians may also play a crucial role. Some common cosmetic dentistry procedures include:
- Cosmetic Bonding, to repair small chips or cracks
- Crowns & Bridgework, to replace large amounts of lost tooth structure and/or missing teeth
- Dental Implants, for the longest-lasting tooth replacement available today
- Inlays & Onlays, to fill teeth with larger cavities
- Invisalign Clear Aligners, for highly discreet orthodontic treatment
- Orthodontic Treatment, to move teeth into the right position
- Porcelain Veneers, for repairing larger chips and cracks, and reshaping teeth
- Removable Dentures, to help you smile again
- Teeth Whitening, to brighten a faded or discolored smile
- Tooth-Colored Fillings, for a completely natural, healthy look
Your Smile Makeover
The most important job you have as a member of your own smile makeover team is to communicate exactly what you don’t like about your smile and how you’d like it to be different. Before the first consultation, give some thought to the following questions:
- What do you like or dislike about the color, size, shape and spacing of your teeth?
- Are you pleased with how much your teeth show, both when you smile and when your lips are relaxed?
- Do you want teeth that are perfectly aligned and a bright “Hollywood White,” or would you prefer a more natural look with slight color, shape and shade variations?
- Would you like more or less of your gums to show when you smile?
It is extremely helpful for you to bring in pictures you have collected — of smiles you like, smiles you don’t like, and/or photos of the way your own smile used to look, if that’s the result you’re aiming for. Now is the time to get started on creating a smile that will make you feel as good as you look!
We understand how important first impressions can be, and we want to help you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile that will make a lasting impression. There are a number of common problems that can hinder a person from having an aesthetically pleasing smile. Here are just a few common problems that we can fix.
Crooked teeth are common among adults who didn’t have orthodontic treatment as a child. We offer an instant solution for crooked teeth without depending on traditional orthodontic treatment. We use porcelain veneers to give you the beautiful, straight smile you’ve always wanted.
Gaps Between Teeth
Porcelain veneers and dental bonding procedures can be used to eliminate gaps between your teeth, leaving you with a more beautiful, attractive smile.
Cracks and Chips
Cracks and chips in teeth can occur for various reasons, including eating sticky candy or hard foods, suffering from trauma and teeth grinding. Some of the services available to fix cracked or chipped teeth include porcelain veneers, bonded fillings or porcelain inlays and onlays.